Trademarks Attorneys Madagascar
We provide for the following Trademark services;
Trademark search & registration
- Trademark searches with Madagascar Intellectual Property Office
- Filing and prosecuting Trademark and Service Mark applications at the Madagascar Intellectual Property Office
- Infringement and validity opinion.
Post-registration services on:
- Recordal of Renewals
- Recordal of Assignment, change of name and/or Merger
- Recordal of Licensing and Franchising
Trademark Registration Application Filing Requirements in Madagascar:
- Name, address and nationality of the Applicant;
- One print of the proposed trademark (even for word marks in ordinary type);
- List of goods and services;
- List of Classes;
- Translation of Language of any non-English characters or words in the mark;
- Priority application number, country and date, if any;
- Certified copy of priority documents (with English translation),
- Power of Attorney (no notarization or legalization required)
- Madagascar follows the International Classification of Goods;
- Different applications must be filed for separate classification of goods for which the trademark is to be registered;
- No opposition system, publication is done after registration.
- The Trademark protection lasts 10 years from the filing date.
- The Trademark registration is renewable for periods of 10 years. The trademark renewal can be requested during the grace period of six (6) months after expiration, upon payment of a late renewal fee.
- The Trademark will become vulnerable to cancellation actions based on lack of use, if it go unused for more than three years (3) after registration of the trademark.